It's a Wonder

Reaction score
We seem to take much of what we have today for granted. I hear all the complaints about the iPhone and I cannot help but think how spoiled we have gotten to be so concerned over something so trivial. My father's engineering team worked with computer systems that took up entire blocks but yet still did not have the power that I have in my hands right now as I am sending this on my IPad. My first cell phone was huge as it had a battery the size of a shoe box with a home phone handset. Try sticking that in your pocket! Phone calls where $3.00 a pop a minute.
So to me to be able to enjoy my morning coffee while watching the hummingbirds at my feeder while sitting outside with my dog in the mountains is amazing. I've checked my emails,watched the news and done some business. So perhaps instead of whinging that this is not good enough or complaining about minor issues try to appreciate how fast and how far we have come in a few short years. Because of the nature of the beast we will always complain but for a moment just pause to appreciate and look with wonder at what we have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
My father's engineering team worked with computer systems that took up entire blocks but yet still did not have the power that I have in my hands right now...
This was my first exposure to computer programming in the mid '70s:
punchcard.jpg

(That's not really me of course.)

So while you are pining for "The Goode Olde Days", would you kindly tell us what was so good about them?? Yes, we have come a long way in a relatively period of short time, but that is still no excuse for putting out an inferior product that does not work as promised.

With all due respect, this notion that things were better in the old days is a bunch of
bs.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.