Full Water Bottle of Nalgene on MBP Unibody - TIER 4

Reaction score
6string,
I liked your images! (other than the size) Can you put back a re-scaled version of them? Images make posts visually interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hehe ... they were removed (not by me), so I guess you weren't the only one who wasn't impressed!:D
Gonna be out of context now, but why not :p

OP
P
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with apple and my computer is beyond economical repair. Just an update. Time for a new computer I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
In my experience when a computer is liquid damaged they put it in the highest class which is basically its a total.... they then ship it off and you get a refurbished model in exchange.

You would likely be better off just buying a new one than getting the refurb because with any refurb you have a computer of unknown origin and it will likely have parts that are new as well as parts that are pulled from other computers they received that were trashed.

Only when it is 1 or 2 components will they simply fix the computer you send them. If you look at the warranties on most any electronic device the manufacturers put in little clauses that they can replace your unit with a similar unit but they are also sticking in clauses that the unit can be a refurbished one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In my experience when a computer is liquid damaged they put it in the highest class which is basically its a total.... they then ship it off and you get a refurbished model in exchange.

You would likely be better off just buying a new one than getting the refurb because with any refurb you have a computer of unknown origin and it will likely have parts that are new as well as parts that are pulled from other computers they received that were trashed.

I'm sorry to say...your experience is not very accurate!:(

First of all...when an Apple laptop is water damaged...Apple won't offer anything...nothing! Apple does not deal with any sort of water damaged laptops!

Secondly...there is absolutely nothing wrong with Apple refurbished products. I would never hesitate to purchase anything refurbished from Apple!:) Apple refurbished products are first quality.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.