Which Wireless Printer for College?

Reaction score
My daughter has a MacBook Pro and we need to get a good wireless printer for her use in college. It needs to be easy to hook up to the wireless network the college uses and not too big in size. She would like one that prints, copies, scans and isn't hard to get ink for (hopefully not too expensive as well on the ink). Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
(Edited to add--if this is the wrong place to post, someone needs to let me know as I'm very very new to this forum and to Macs.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recommend Canon. They're relatively easy to setup wireless and use 5 ink tanks rather than one or two. The tanks cost on average $10 to $12 each new and around $7 refilled.

One thing to keep in mind about university wireless systems... they're not setup like a normal home system so it may pay to have your daughter ask first about the printer before buying. Find out which models work best on their system.

Regards.

Reaction score
Brother MFC-495CW

I have been using this for more than a year now, and it's pretty good. I recommended it to couple of my friends and they are also satisfied. I have tested it both with PCs and Macs and it works perfectly fine with both.

Amazon.com: Brother MFC-495CW Inkjet Color Multifunction Center with Wireless Networking for…

EDIT: Inks are relatively cheaper and even the originals that came in box last for months. You can also buy it OEM inks from eBay or Amazon - way cheaper than HP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.