Mbp wireless connection timeout

Reaction score
I have a netgear router for roadrunner wireless and a 2009 MacBook Pro. My home network is the preferred network, so it typically logs in automatically when the notebook is started up. Yesterday, I turned on the computer and was no longer able to access the home network - whenever I would try to log on, I got "connection timeout." Restarting the computer, the airport, and changing the router settings does not work.

This has happened once before, and I was told that changing the router channel would allow me to access the wireless again. I did so, and the wireless network worked on this laptop again, but a month and a half later, it is back to the same story.

Anyone had a similar problem? It seems to be somewhat common for macbooks. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm pirating neighborhood public wireless and it's not my favorite way of accessing the internet, but I can't work without it right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.