MacBook Pro to External Monitor

Reaction score
Evening everybody,

I really want to get an external monitor (decent size 22/23") to use with my MBP (see spec below). I have the leads etc sorted... my question however is related to having dual monitoring when using Logic pro.

I have trawled through loads of the threads but I'm pretty sure I cant get a good answer.

Bascially I really want to run the MBP as a second monitor (so have the arrange page open on the new external monitor, with the MBP screen as the mixer or something etc).

Am I right in thinking because the MBP has no video in this cannot be achieved?? I have noticed some bits about screen recycler but this only applies to second computers (mac pros/pc's etc)... right??

I really appreciate anyone taking timeout to respond.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You want to hook your MBP up to a monitor and when using Logic Pro, you want certain pages/windows open on the monitor and others open on your MBP screen? Am I understanding you so far?
Yes, you can do that. And yes, that has been asked in other threads (maybe not about L.P. but same thing applies to almost all apps).
It has nothing to do with video in on your MBP. It's all about how you have the Display settings (in System Preferences) and where you drag your windows to.
Hook it up, figure how you want the settings you want in System Preferences>Displays, and start dragging things around from screen to screen until you get what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.