push-scan into encrypted folder??

Reaction score
Hi
At last I've had to register, after 2 years of finding answers to every other question on here and similar forums for people who had asked them before.

This question hasn't been asked, as far as my google could find. Maybe cos it's too stupid...

Can I push-scan documents into some sort of protected folder??

I've just got a lovely new printer-scanner-copier (epson sx610fw) and would love to scan directly into a folder that has some sort of protection. At the minute I've done the encrypted disk image thing, but even if it's open the scanner won't use it as a target folder, so I scan to another folder then move them. Ideally I would be able to push-scan from the scanner to a secure folder on my mac (macbook leopard) so that as bills etc come in I could scan them then shred them, without having to rearrange each item into another folder.

But in my head I imagine that if a scanner can get something into a secure folder, it means it's not that secure...

Say it ain't so...
Thanks for any advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.