MacBook Pro 2009 15" Touchpad Issues NOT BATTERY CHARGER

Reaction score
I've had my MBPro for the past year and have never had a problem, the thing has run smoother than butter. Then this past week I've experienced two serious issues - one being a constant connection timeout when attempting to connect to my home wireless network, which has never been a problem before, and two, the touchpad is going haywire. I'll address the first issue in another topic, but wanted to mention it here in case they are connected for some reason.

The touchpad has been working fine up until now. I keep it clean and haven't spilled anything on it, so I'm not worried about anything being sticky or wet on it. I cleaned it again just in case, because it is very humid today and my hands are sweaty, but neither seemed to be the problem. The mouse itself will lag on the screen, or move on its own, causing the font sizes to change on my safari, or opening windows and shooting across the screen.

I searched this forum and found that most topics addressed the issue of the battery charger being the source of the problem, but I have only ever used the charger that came with the notebook, and plugging it in or taking it out doesn't make a difference, nor does it matter where in the house I plug it in. I also contacted a friend of mine who works for Mac and he also suggested that the battery charger was the problem, but this continues to make no difference. Turning the computer on and off does not matter. When I first turn the notebook on, the mouse will work for about a minute or so, and then suddenly go back to lagging or clicking of its own accord.

Thanks for any suggestions or help you might have!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.