Another sound-problem with Macbook

Reaction score
I looked back 10 pages in this forum, and there was nothing about outgoing sound, so either it's okay for me to post, or I'm in the wrong forum...

Anyway, I had the no-sound-red-light-coming-from-headphone-hole problem. I could live with it, because I could use headphones.
Then today, the red light stopped. I had no sound whatsoever from the headphones, and I checked different ones, so it's not the headphones that are faulty. I checked some forums, tried the toothpick-method, and now I can finally regulate the volume even without headphones plugged in. It all seems normal now.

And then there's the problem: I still don't have any sound.

Now, I'm a freshbie at Mac. Ask me what kind of OS I have and I wouldn't know xD So, I have no clue about what to do, I had this laptop since new year's.
The problem might be that I spilt some soft drink on it a couple of months ago, but nothing happened after that. It was when wiping it clean some days after the red-light appeared. And well, I did nothing out of the ordinary with it today.

Edit: I spilt on the right side, so nowhere nere the headphone-output.

Can you please provide any tips, or help, for a lost Mac-user?
Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nevertheless, you need to read this sticky post: LINK

Spills will come back to haunt you. The problem you just had may be one of many, so be prepared.

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Already read it, but thank you very much :]
I will be more careful with liquids.

Sadly, this was bought used, so it will be expensive to repair, but about three months without any problems except the red-light one (which, I read, was pretty common) makes me feel kind of eased.

Then, I might just have been very lucky, or the problems haven't started yet.

But, thanks again :]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.