iPhone 4 Contact Numbers??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac with i7 and 4GB. yippie! iPhone 4 16gb-blk
This is probably the dumbest question ever posed to this forum.

How come I can't seem to add more than two numbers for a new contact? The fields listed are; mobile and iPhone.

I know I've got to missing so basic and I'll feel like an idiot after somebody tells me..but..any help??

-Brent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
What is it not letting you do? did you hit edit on the top right? then next to the title of the phone number you want to add just click the empty box and it should let you type the phone number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
This is probably the dumbest question ever posed to this forum.

How come I can't seem to add more than two numbers for a new contact? The fields listed are; mobile and iPhone.

I know I've got to missing so basic and I'll feel like an idiot after somebody tells me..but..any help??

-Brent

Just go to "edit" then click on the left hand side of the contact field that doesn't have anything in there, and click on the word (iPhone, mobile, work or whatever is there) and you should be able to change the contact information field to whatever you want it be. This got me at first too. I hope this is clear.

OP
brentD300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac with i7 and 4GB. yippie! iPhone 4 16gb-blk
i see the issue now. i knew i could edit the type of phone number but it only showed one field. i didn't realize that all i had to do was add that number and then a new field will appear. wow...i feel like a tool. thanks for the help!

Brent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.