Just a thought?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I had a thought when I woke up this morning. Well, it's a safe thing to do because I am still lying down!:Smirk:

It is possible to install a Windoze operating system on my Intel based iMac 20 1/2 inch machine as well as the OS X.

BUT does anyone know if it is possible to install OS X onto a Windoze based machine? i.e. onto my laptop with Windoze 7 on it at the moment!!

If so, how? It would be a clean install on a formatted system and possibly have Windoze 7 on it as well?

Any ideas folks?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry, discussion of OSX on Non Apple Hardware is not allowed here at Mac Forums. That is what some call the HackIntosh, OSX86, ETC. It involves getting around Apples protection in order to work and that is not legal.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Very sorry, I hadn't realised that there was any conflict. I just thought that it would be a similar situation as the legal inclusion of Windoze on a Mac machine?

I take it then that even if I were to buy a totally legal copy of OS X I can't legally do anything with it. Sorry if this sounds thick, but I am totally new to the Mac world...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Windows on a Mac is totally legal. Nothing is being changed or hacked. It just installs. Bootcamp just helps the user repartition the drive and starts the Windows install. Microsoft has no problem with it either.

Even with a legal OSX DVD, it's still not legal to install it on non Apple hardware. Also even if you do things and get it working, there is a very narrow range of hardware supported by OSX and unless your PC has that hardware, you will have no driver support.

Hope I did not come off in bad way. My response was just going by the rules here on Mac Forums and to let you know.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I must admit that I was a little surprised by the curt reply, but it is very difficult to transmit attitudes on a forum. I have fell into the same trap a few times. No problems mate and thank you for the info..

You have to admit that if it were possible and legal it would be way of screwing such a lot of virus idiot makers??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.