• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Free iPod Mini with purchase of Mac (from apple.com website)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i know the whole 'get banned for free ipod schemes' but this is from apple.com so i beliee it cant get any more legit than this:

Buy a Mac. Get a free iPod mini. And with your everyday student discount save up to $479.* But act now. This offer is good only through September 24, 2005.
Here's how:

Shop for your Mac.
The following computers qualify for this offer: all PowerBook models, all iMac models, all Power Mac models, and all iBook models excluding the 12-inch iBook CD.
Shop for your iPod.
You can choose a 4GB iPod mini in any color. Or purchase a 6GB iPod mini, 20GB or 60GB iPod, or a 20GB iPod U2 Special Edition and save $179 after mail-in rebate.
Send in the rebate coupon.
Download the rebate coupon. After you receive your order, just follow the instructions on the form and mail it in and you'll receive a check from Apple for $179.
Now start enjoying your new Mac, new iPod and all
that extra cash you saved.
*Your everyday student discount entitles you to big savings throughout the Apple Store — as much as $300 on a new Mac. This special offer saves you an additional $179 on a new iPod.

i just wish i knew about this 5 days ago when i ordered my powermac...hopefully i can still manage this deal
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Note this is only for College/High School Teachers, and College Students

Reaction score
Thats better than the $100 MIR for Students that ended last week. I need a new mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
trpnmonkey41 said:
Note this is only for College/High School Teachers, and College Students

darn. i wish i qualified. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.8Ghz iMac G5 512MB
Crap, wish they had this a couple weeks ago when I bought my imac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.