2010 Macbook Pro 13 Battery Capacity

Reaction score
Hi, its been two weeks and a half since I got my laptop. I just recently downloaded coconut application, one thing I got really worried about was that my original battery capacity was 5770mAh and and my current is 5613mAh. Also, its already down to 97%.... Is it normal for the battery capacity to go down this fast? Im just really worried because it is a pretty expensive machine...

Edit; oh jeez I just noticed that the backlit light for my letter "B" is dimmer than the rest at a certain angle... Is this also normal?

Reaction score
It is normal for a battery to lose som mAH but it will surely get it back once it gets calibrated. The way you calibrate a battery is by letting the charge run out completely by lowering the brightness and turning off all bluetooth, wifi, and peripherals so its in battery saver mode for the last 3 or 4 percent this way it drains the battery more efficiently. After the laptop turns off or hibernates, wait 10-20 minutes, then plug the charger in and dont disconnect until you get a full charge.

I don't know about the keyboard issue but I believe it is very common and is covered under apple warranty anyway.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Dont believe coconut battery ..... Is known to give not so true readings ......

Look in About this Mac Then more info if you want to know how the battery is really going

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
Mmk, I just did that and this is what it says...
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 5605
Fully charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 5623
Health Information:
Cycle count: 14
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -577
Voltage (mV): 12385

Normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
and here is my 13" MBP nearly a week old

20100713-gdiftu2y3xrwq157fqd8j882jq.jpg

Notice the Amperage .... Might be of some concern ... I would take it to the Geniuses to check out

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
hmmm, so my Amperage is the problem? Alrighty, ill take my macbook for the Geniuses to check out...
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.