gaming on bootcamp...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
core i7 15" macbook pro
Does anyone know if it is generally better to play games on windows via bootcamp or on OSX? I want to know if starcraft 2 would run better on windows or MAC..... it will be made available for both OS's. My computer is a 15" core i7 macbook pro 4 gb ram geforce GT330 512MB 500 gb hard drive

Also, if i game on the mac i cant use my logitech G9X because you cant be very precise with the mouse for some reason.....i've changed the DPI to the lowest setting and made a few changes, buts its still not very good under OSX - any thoughts?

Appreciate any info....thx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't answer your question regarding the Logitech G9X settings, but as far as Starcraft 2 or any game that is available for both Windows and OS X, it's always better to go with the OS X version. Remember, running Windows via a Boot Camp partition means you have to purchase a full version of either XP, Vista, or Windows 7. But if the G9X is important to your playing, go for the Win version.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I am a regular gamer on both platforms, and I have noticed that for most games, Windows performs better in the graphics deprtment, but then again, you do need a tool that restricts other processes to run. For example, I tried The Sims 3 on both platforms, and the Sims 3 was easily playable on Windows on high, with OSX, I had to turn it down to Low-Medium. So, that's what my opinion is with that, in regards to the mouse, I know that there is some sort of driver program you can get that allows you to use the settings for these mice on Mac, I can't remember whats it's called for the life of me though. I have the Logitech Performance MX, and that just has the same DPI setting throughout, I hoenstly don't know how to change it, since Setpoint doesn't work on Winodws 7 for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.