Time Machine stole 100 GB from me and didnt restore

Reaction score
My imac is only 3 years old. Its a white imac and i guess the video/graphics card is faulty on this model. Before i knew this i thought i had a virus. So after much time spent trying to repair, i zeroed out my hard drive this week. After i was still having crappy display and constant crashing i found out i shouldnt have bothered doing what i did.

i am operating on 10.6 with a external hdd that i was backing up with time machine. After losing all, i attempted many times to "restore." once it seemed to work, nothing happened, and i just gave up on time machine. i decided to just go forward and not look back with my newly cleaned up hard drive. this morning i started getting warnings saying my hard drive was out of space when i booted up. i ran omnidisk and found out that in fact time machine did restore. i just dont know what to do with the 100+ GB it restored. ill delete now if i can. or can i still restore it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.