gps location

Reaction score
I just got the 3GS and when I opened the compass and tried using the gps direction system (whatever it's called, the one that show your location on a google earth map) I noticed that the location was off by quite some distance ( about a kilometer or so). I was wondering if there's some way to reset the gps tracker or something I could try doing to get a more accurate location?
Thanks

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah I was inside. I tried again outside and it did work, thank you very much :)

Reaction score
I was in chicago this past weekend and mine was so far off it put me about 3 blocks from where i was and then would snap back to my location after closing and reloading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's especially inaccurate if it's using WiFi to determine your location (i.e. indoors).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
i was walking down Michigan Ave. shopping with my wife and we wanted to find a pizza place to eat

Any GPS device in the middle of a city surrounded by tall buildings will have trouble keeping accurate maps because of the interference with the building and the line-of-sight to the GPS satellites.

Reaction score
When I am outside by my pool it will move with me around the pool. I am very impressed with the accuracy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.