• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mid-year resolution....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
With July almost half over, I decided to make a mid-year resolution. I resolve that when I begin to get sick, if it has not cleared up in a couple of days, I will GO TO THE DOCTOR! I let an severe ear ache go unattended for a week and a half before I finally went to the doctor yesterday. Now, what should have been a simple ear infection, is now an infection that has spread down through my jaw and into the lymph nodes in my neck. This hurts more than having hot pork fat poured in your shoe (been there, done that too).

I do believe that I have learned my lesson on this one the hard way. Dummy will go to the doctor when necessary. I am, after all, one of the lucky ones who does still have health insurance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Mid-Year resolutions are a great idea.

I need to save more money and get new tires for my car.

That's my mid-year resolution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Well, hopefully you caught it in time so that it doesn't even get any worse.

Kind of reminds me of the time 10 years ago when I had pain in my abdomen ... well, after three days, you start to wonder whether it's more than just a stomach ache. Turned out I had to get my appendix removed, and it was a darn close call.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.