right click > set wallpaper gone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBPro (March 2010) 4GB RAM, 256MB Geforce 9400M
Hi all I am new here. I made the switch from pc to mac about 4 months back and bought a MacBook Pro for my design work and I haven't looked back yet. Today, I was going to switch wallpapers and I noticed when I right clicked on an image no longer at the very bottom of my options does it say "set as desktop background" or whatever it did say. The only thing I could think of is that I updated the other night and as part of a patch they got rid of it? Or am i just going crazy and this option has never even existed? Is there a way to get this back into my right click options?

p.s. sorry if this doesn't belong here, I looked around about where to post and this seemed to be the most appropriate place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Well, you don't say what version OS you're using and if you're trying to use a photo in iPhoto or something that you have in Finder.

Assuming that you have SL 10.6.4 and you are in iPhoto, you can select the photo you want as your desktop background. Then at the top under Share, just choose Set Desktop.
If you have an image in Finder, you can right-click it and select Set Desktop Picture.

Next time, please provide more info so we can help you easier/quicker. :)

If you put that info in your Profile, it will show up under your name and Avatar on the left so everyone can always reference what machine and OS you're using.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBPro (March 2010) 4GB RAM, 256MB Geforce 9400M
Hey thanks for the response, you were right in your assumption that i was running SL 10.6.4. The odd thing was that in finder the option to "set desktop picture" wasnt there after I had updated software recently. I restarted my Mac and it re-appeared, very odd.

thanks for the quick response and all the info. I'll be sure to fill out my profile :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You're very welcome. Glad it's working for you now. Welcome to the Forums! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.