Vnc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am currently using VNC, I have it deployed over 2 macs and 7 PC's. I use the mac, and rarely connect to the other mac. I mainly connect to PC's

Now I know through the internet I will not be able to get it to run flawlessly, and I am not going to get it to runn better then it does over the internet, becuase that is fine with me.

But when I run it on the network, It runs kinda choppy, Is that my netowork, my computer or the remote computer, Are there any advaced setting that I may have overlooked to get it to run better? I do need to keep the background on the remote computer on because I use it to watch people sometimes, and I don't want them to know when I am on, and they know that when I come on the background dissapears, So any other setting I can change?

Thank you in advanced I know you guys will be very helpful.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
one more question, is there a way to logg in to a windows pc with VNC with out the icon in the corner of the task bar turning black signalling that VNC is active, I know what it means and I know that the other people will not know that black means active but just incase the figure it out, is there a way to log in such like a stealth mode.

The only reason I watch what people in my house are doing with my comptuers is because they don't always do the best things, and I like to have the ability to lock them out if they risk damage to the computer... That is why I don't connect to the other mac because my brother doesn't do anythign that can risk dammage to the computer and even if he did, macs can't get viruses/spyware, so i am only concerned if any body knows this information on a pc. Pc is running windows XP

Reaction score
I think you get more replies if you put in into the Other Software Bracket form. I just started playing with it. So I can't really help you yet. But I don't see what you are talking about. I have it on my PB and use it to connet to windows machines and don't have a problem with the background... I already have a post in for to see if any one else uses this software

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
one more question, is there a way to logg in to a windows pc with VNC with out the icon in the corner of the task bar turning black signalling that VNC is active, I know what it means and I know that the other people will not know that black means active but just incase the figure it out, is there a way to log in such like a stealth mode.

The only reason I watch what people in my house are doing with my comptuers is because they don't always do the best things, and I like to have the ability to lock them out if they risk damage to the computer... That is why I don't connect to the other mac because my brother doesn't do anythign that can risk dammage to the computer and even if he did, macs can't get viruses/spyware, so i am only concerned if any body knows this information on a pc. Pc is running windows XP

When you install the software you have the option to add it to the desktop. Or you can hide the icon in Xp

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reflow said:
When you install the software you have the option to add it to the desktop. Or you can hide the icon in Xp

I would but i don't have physical access to the comptuer for a while, I will have to wait so i was just wondering if there was somethign I could do from this computer so that they can't see that I am logged.

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
I would but i don't have physical access to the comptuer for a while, I will have to wait so i was just wondering if there was somethign I could do from this computer so that they can't see that I am logged.

I think you can log into the pc through vnc and go to setting, taskbar then go to the bottom of the screen to customize, go to vnc server click on hide then click on always hide and then apply. Doing this should hide the icon from the tray. I just did it and it worked

I hope this helps

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
I am currently using VNC, I have it deployed over 2 macs and 7 PC's. I use the mac, and rarely connect to the other mac. I mainly connect to PC's

Now I know through the internet I will not be able to get it to run flawlessly, and I am not going to get it to runn better then it does over the internet, becuase that is fine with me.

But when I run it on the network, It runs kinda choppy, Is that my netowork, my computer or the remote computer, Are there any advaced setting that I may have overlooked to get it to run better? I do need to keep the background on the remote computer on because I use it to watch people sometimes, and I don't want them to know when I am on, and they know that when I come on the background dissapears, So any other setting I can change?

Thank you in advanced I know you guys will be very helpful.

Are you using wireless or you connect directly to broadband. I tried wireless and it is very choppy

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am using both, use to have it running very smoothing running both too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.