iPad charger PROBLEM!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid 2009 - 2.8 ghz 4 GB Ram, 500 gb HDD ; iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPhone 4 32GB Black,
So I just received the 64 GB iPad WiFi-3G version and 20 minutes after I plugged in the charger, it made a loud bang, and all the electricity went off in the house!

Do you think this is a faulty charger?
Can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I just received the 64 GB iPad WiFi-3G version and 20 minutes after I plugged in the charger, it made a loud bang, and all the electricity went off in the house!

Do you think this is a faulty charger?
Can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Do you think this is a faulty charger?"...what happens when you plugged the iPad charger in after you got the electricity back on?

If the charger made a "loud bang"...I think that it's pretty clear something is wrong...because chargers are not supposed to make loud bang noises.

You just bought this thing...take it back to the Apple Store ASAP for a replacement!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
It is either coincidental or you have faulty wiring in your house! If your house is wired properly, even if you present a dead short at an outlet, it should only trip the circuit breaker for that branch... not the whole house.

Does your charger look like it is burnt or scorched in any way? If not, then it is probably OK... probably.

You probably could use your iPhone charger, but since it has a much lower wattage rating, it will take a lot longer than the iPad charger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.