Issues with picture link in web page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro1,1, 2007 + MacBook Pro 15"
I ran into something today that has me perplexed. When I try to click on a picture on a web site that is a link to another site, it does nothing. (Noting that when you move the cursor over a picture that has a link, the cursor arrow will turn to a hand with the index finger pointing.) I've looked at the page source and the coding looks OK. But what is odd is that this happens with Firefox (3.6.6) and Safari (5.0). With Opera (10.60) it works as it should. If I had an idea of why, I might be able to look at possible add-ons or settings. Does anyone have any thought as to why?
Thanks,
Chuck W.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
A somewhat similar issue using Safari. On occasions, if I L-click on the picture that is a link to another page (not a separate site), the page opens with a 404 error.

If I L-click on the text below the image however, the new page opens as it should. I emphasise that this minor issue does not occur all the time, which suggests to me that there is a slight problem with the html code. I just live with it, but would suggest that you try clicking the text instead.

Otherwise I have no idea why it happens. It occurs only in Safari, not in Camino, my preferred browser. I've tried repairing Permissions (which you could do), but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.