Stop iPhoto organization??

Reaction score
okay, so. i have all of my photos already organized into folders by month, which is how i want to keep them organized, using my naming system, keeping the folders where i want them. basically, i want to be able to put those folders into iphoto without having those pictures be copied into the iphoto pictures folder. (it's a little stupid to have the pictures in two different places) i don't want iphoto to keep things organized for me, i just want it to be used for viewing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope, unlike iTunes there is no option to turn off iPhoto's photo management. I have looked on versiontracker/macupdate and there are no third party apps either to allow you to do it

OP
I
Reaction score
that's really stupid. i have a couple gigs of pictures, now i have to take up twice the space if i want to organize them myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well iPhoto organizes similar to the way you do, they just go down to the date instead of stopping at month

T

Tel

The whole point in iPhoto is that you don't have to go looking around the finder to find different pictures. Load them all into iPhoto, give them names and keywords and you wont need to organize them at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhoto5 is great with the Calender so you just go to whatever date you took the picture and there all the pictures are

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.