imovie and idvd 09 the missing manual series book

Reaction score
Hello, I have a book on hold at the local Barnes & Noble, called imovie & idvd 09 - the missing manual that I'd like to get. I've been wanting to get this kind of a book for many months now - it's written by Pogue. and it's selling for $39.99 plus tax = $42.something total.

I want to use this book to learn how to make DVD photo slide shows on my MBP in idvd, and possibility imovie, and use grageband with my MBP's "text-to-speech" program to insert voice comments into my photo slideshows as well as realistic sound effects and music but I don't want to have to pay for the sound effects and music that I'd like to use.

Would you mac people recommend this book for me? Or is there a better book?

Please bear with me - having gotten my first mac a year ago, I'm still slowly learning how to use
the mac.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I have not read that particular book, But the OS X: The Missing Manual book by David Pogue is fabulous. I can only imagine that the iMovie/iDVD book would be written to the same standards. With only experiencing the OS X Missing Manual book, I still would not hesitate to recommend any of the Missing Manual series by David Pogue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.