Yet another screen issue

Reaction score
13.3" Macbook, 2006 I believe

The computer appears to be operational, but the screen appears to be quite upset :p On startup, the top 1/3 of the screen appears to be normal, the next 1/6 appears to be almost "stretched" if you will, and the bottom 1/2 remains white, although I have had a couple of boots where it appears to retain some color as well.

I'm guessing it is a bad connection somewhere (which may have come from the accidental fall it had last night...)

Any suggestions for a home fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm guessing it is a bad connection somewhere (which may have come from the accidental fall it had last night...)

Welcome to Mac Forums

Sometimes the question is the answer, and sometimes the answer is in the question, but in this case part of the answer is in the question, and the rest of the answer is yet to be learnt!

"The accidental fall"..... could be a loose connection, damage to the integrated graphics chip, or the logic board itself.
To rule out the graphics chip/logic board, plug in an external monitor.
If it's not all fine with an external monitor, the cost of the repair, whether you do it yourself, or have someone else do it for you, is going to outweigh the worth of your Mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, I've proceeded to disassemble the lid and reconnect the display in hopes of a fix, but to no avail. I don't have a monitor which is compatible with the video out port, so is there another way to test whether those parts of the macbook are malfunctioning?

Tomorrow I have an appointment at my local mac store, so hopefully they can provide some answers as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.