MacBook keeps restarting when trying to re-install using the install discs.

Reaction score
My dad recently bought a MacBook from my uncle. It's running OS X Tiger.

I've been trying to reformat it so that he can start fresh, but every time I start the install, it says it has to restart to continue in the installation process.

Thing is, that's all it keeps doing. I just keep going through a process of restarting. It never gets past this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I had a disk that would get to the point where i would let go of the 'c' key when i heard the chime then 10 sec's later it would eject the DVD :(

I dont know why but when i went the 'option' key way where i could select what i wanted to boot from i didnt have any hiccups ??? Has me baffled
Just thought i would share just in case :)

Cheers

C

chas_m

Are you certain that the discs you are trying to start up with are either:

a. the original discs that the machine came with (gray and model-specific)
OR
b. a regular retail copy of Tiger?

FWIW, I would advise you that if you have a MacBook and want to start completely fresh PLUS have the latest and greatest, just buy a copy of Snow Leopard ($30) from anywhere and buy a cheap but legal copy of iLife 09 off Amazon. The two combined should run you less than $100. Heck, you might even want to go for Apple's "Mac Box Set" featuring Snow, iLife and iWork for under $200.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.