Mac 10.5 (Leopard) ***VIEW OPTIONS HELP***?!?!?

Reaction score
In Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I could Go to Finder. Then click on "View" on the toolbar on top. Then I would click on "Show View Options". Then I could set the view to "keep arranged by: Name". Then I could click on the circle next to "all windows". Now, all my finder windows and folders will always be arranged by name.

However, in Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I cannot "keep arranged by: Name" I can only "arrange by: Name". This means that when I put a new folder (folder B), in another folder (folder A), that has been previously "arranged by: name", that new folder (folder B) is not put in alphabetical order, instead it is put randomly in folder A. This means that I am constantly having to arrange folders by name, instead of them automatically doing it themselves (like in mac 10.4 (tiger)).
Also, In Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I can not choose "all windows" (like mentioned in the first paragraph) in the view options menu. This means that if I go into a folder (folder C) and select "arrange by: Name" and I change the icon size to "52 x 52" , when I go into another folder (folder D) the view options that I applied to folder C will not have affected folder D. In Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I could select the "all windows" option and all the folders would have the exact same view settings.

Is there any way to modify this in Mac OS X 10.5 (for example, through terminal command(s) or a program)?

P.S. This only the applies to the icon view in Finder.

Thanks For the Help,
Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
#1: View > Option key: Arrange By will change to Keep Arranged By

#2: Do it in the top level HD window and select Use as Defaults. I think. For some reason most windows I try have that button greyed out right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.