Macbook pro 13 inch graphic card

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have just shifted to mac from a PC last week i bought the macbook pro 13 inch 2010 version. i was wondering if there was any third party software to disable and enable the graphics card on my macbook pro. i have tried the gfxcardstatus app but the thing is that the 13 inch version does not have an intel media accelerator so there is no switching. i just want to if it was possible to completely turn off my graphics card ? is it some setting in the system preferences or is there any other terminal command, or some third party software.Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Varun

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not aware of any software that will do what you want (but that doesn't mean something doesn't exist). But if you turn off/disable the graphics hardware...how are you going to display anything to your MacBook Pro's screen.

The 2010 13" MacBook only has one graphics "card" as opposed to some older generation MacBook Pro's which had two (shared memory video & discrete).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.