YouTube audio to iPod?

Reaction score
How can I record the sound track of a YouTube broadcast to my MacBookPro (iTunes 9) and then put it onto my iPod?

Thanks

M

OP
M
Reaction score
I have "Audacity" ... can I record YouTube audio to my iPod with this?

Thanks

M

OP
M
Reaction score
Recording audio from YouTube ...

A friend sent me the following link ... it explains how to do a simple recording via Audacity. It feels somewhat 'Stone Age' to use speaker-to-mike, but that's the way it works ... and it's good enough for basic purposes.

Here it is:-

YouTube - How to Record Audio using Audacity

M

C

chas_m

Yes, that's pretty stone age.

See my previous posts for more serious suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
There's a program called Jdownloader, it's an automated file downloader with youtube support. All you have to do is copy the youtube link, it picks it up automatically, and it asks if you want to download the video, or it'll split audio for you and save as an mp3. There's also a program called MPEG streamclip which can split audio from video as well if you already haev the video file. Both are free and work well

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There's a program called Jdownloader, it's an automated file downloader with youtube support. All you have to do is copy the youtube link, it picks it up automatically, and it asks if you want to download the video, or it'll split audio for you and save as an mp3. There's also a program called MPEG streamclip which can split audio from video as well if you already haev the video file. Both are free and work well

Neat never knew Jdownloader could do that. ^-^"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.