wifi dwl g122 rev b on snow leopard

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new macbook pro 2010 13" and I have an external usb wireless card dwl g122 rev b (ralink 2500) that i would like to use, on kismac i can use it by selection its drive (it works on 2570 driver) but i would like to use it too to connect to a network i've download the drivers but they don't work (nothing happened and the device is not found)

anyone can help?

thanks

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue- I have a 2006 Core Duo Macbook Pro and a DWL-G122 B1 usb wireless adapter. It shows up in System Profiler as "802.11g WLAN Adapter."

I've downloaded the "USB(RT257X/RT2671/RT2500)" driver from Ralink (Ralink corp.) and installed it (the 10.6 version, since I have 10.6.6) + restarted. There's now a /Applications/Ralink Wireless Utility/WirelessUtility, but when opened, it always says "No Device!!"

Further, as with Obiwan, I can use the KisMAC included "USB RT2570" driver to scan for wireless networks, but I can't get the normal driver to work so I can actually connect to a network.

(Background: the airport extreme card in my MBP is shot- hence why I'm trying to make this usb stick work).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it does not. That just says use the Ralink drivers (since D-Link doesn't provide any for mac). Both Obiwan and I are already doing that, and it's not working (as described above).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you sure you using the exact Ralink drivers for that Dlink USB Nic? The reason I posted the URL is a lot of people were talking about the drivers and felt something there would help. I own a Linksys WUSB100 which also needs the Ralink drivers and it works fine. I am hoping Dlink is not using a different chipset in some of that model USB Nic. I thought someone said that in the URL above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.