Performance issues running XP SP3

Reaction score
Hi,

I just set up an 80Gb partition and installed XP SP3 and there are a few minor issues with it.

Scrolling in windows is very unsmooth and draging windows around the desktop is slow and jumpy, ame with minimising and maximising windows. I installed Solidworks and found that it does some odd things including slow and jumpy transitions between menus.

I downloaded BCUpdateXP.exe but when I double click on it nothing appears to happen.

Is it normal for XP to be buggy like this? Can I improve it? It does seem odd as I have run X under VMware with reasonable results.

Thanks
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
What version on Bootcamp are you using? You probably need newer driver updates in Bootcamp. Check the Apple website.
On my MBP with 10.5.8 I have WinXP/SP3 with Bootcamp 3.1. No buggy/dodgey issues here.

OP
S
Reaction score
What version on Bootcamp are you using? You probably need newer driver updates in Bootcamp. Check the Apple website.
On my MBP with 10.5.8 I have WinXP/SP3 with Bootcamp 3.1. No buggy/dodgey issues here.

Thanks thats comforting to know, I'm using version 3.0.2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.