Somewhat Strange Apple Keyboard Question.

Reaction score
I want to purchase this keyboard: Apple Keyboard - Apple Store (U.S.)
However, I wish for the keys to be black. To achieve this, I was going to buy this: Amazon.com: IVEA Silicone skin cover protector for Apple / Power Mac Wireless Bluetooth keyboard - Black: Electronics and cut it up and glue the top of each key skin to the top of each key. Is this a bad idea? Would this even work? Or is there an easier or better way to do this?

EDIT: Or perhaps it would just be possible to just replace the existing keys with these?: NEW US Keyboard BLACK APPLE Macbook Pro 470 UNIBODY 15" - eBay (item 290448737540 end time Jul-25-10 23:49:55 PDT)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Better to stick with that silicone skin. You won't void your warranty on the keyboard and it's much cheaper and easier to do.

I'm not sure though how much that skin will affect typing on the keyboard.

OP
S
Reaction score
Okay, well what if I don't really care about the warranty or the cheapness? Would it at least be possible to do? Would replacing the keys require taking apart the entire keyboard or would it just be a matter of snapping on and off the keys themselves?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
You would probably have to take apart the whole keyboard, not to mention those keys are meant for a Macbook Pro which might be different from the wireless keyboard itself.

Try to do some research if some1 has already done anything similar. Maybe some1 on here might have a better post for you than me :)

OP
S
Reaction score
those keys are meant for a Macbook Pro which might be different from the wireless keyboard itself.
I realize this, which is why I came here to ask if they would even fit. I know it might take some work, but I'm just wondering if the macbook pro keys would even fit in the first place. Judgeing by some things I've seen online, it looks like the keys on this keyboard just snap on and off, as with most keyboards. So I guess my question here is, would the macbook pro keys I posted above be able to snap on to that keyboard? And if not, is there any known way to modify them so that they would? Or maybe I could just glue them down or something? <_<

PS: It's the wired aluminum keyboard without the numberpad, not the wireless keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Any keyboard is Mac compatible for the most part. Why not just save yourelf the trouble and buy a black keyboard?

OP
S
Reaction score
Any keyboard is Mac compatible for the most part.
And by that you mean to say that taking the keys from the black macbook pro keyboard I posted earlier and putting them on the wired aluminum keyboard that I also posted earlier WOULD work?

Why not just save yourelf the trouble and buy a black keyboard?
Because no one makes a black-keyed apple aluminum keyboard w/o the numeric keypad? If you or anyone know of such a thing, then by all means point me in the right direction.

Reaction score
Schweb means to say that the Apple Keyboard keys are the exact same as the keys on the MacBook and MacBook Pro.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you very much sir that's all I needed to know. And thanks everyone else for the help, it's much appreciated. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.