I need a new ipod, which one.

Reaction score
I have a older 8Gb ipod nano the one with out the camera. The reason that i need a new one is simply because i have run out of storage space on it. Now i either have to get one of the new 16GB nanos or the ipod touch.

I know this nano has been very durable and was wondering if the new one was as strong as this one; i have seen many of my fiends break their touches and am worried about how roughly i treat my ipod (it some how got a big chunk of aluminum sheared off the side and numerous dings and scratches but still works perfectly and the screen is not messed up at all). But, not having to worry about upgrading due to storage for a long while would be nice.

Which one do you think would be better for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
You know you can just erase songs you don't listen to right? ;)

I would get a nano, since it's compact and durable. Wouldn't want to haul around anything as "big" as the touch just for music. That is if you only want to use it for music. If you play videos/games the bigger screen would be nice.

for me, buying an iPod touch would just make me wonder why not get an iPhone instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB ipod touch 3rd gen
Id recommend getting the ipod touch 8 gig. Its a little more expensive than the nano but its worth it. Rather than having some boring just mp3 player i think personally the apps and the browsing with it is so much better don't get a nano don't get a shuffle get the touch :D

C

chas_m

You can also set up a smart playlist of "least listened to songs" that automatically refreshes the iPod every time you sync it.

Cost: nothing. :)

Reaction score
For gaming, applications and internet browsing:

If you can afford it- get the iPhone.
If not- get an iPod touch.

For music and videos on a small screen:

I would shoot for the iPod nano.

You could also uncheck songs you don't listen to in your Music library and then sync the iPod.

FYI- Apple releases new iPod's every year, and that time of the year is in a few months at least.

OP
S
Reaction score
thank you, i think i will take Chris's suggestion and wait till apple announces it's new ipods to see whats new, and hopefully they will come out with a nano that has more storage, and if not i will just get the 16Gb nano and it should last another two years.

And geek why would i want to get the 8Gb touch when i need more storage...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Well if you really want storage space then there is the 160 GB iPod Classic. If you are interested in the 32 GB iPod Touch then the Classic is actually $50 less at the US store. They are also about the same size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
You can also set up a smart playlist of "least listened to songs" that automatically refreshes the iPod every time you sync it.

Cost: nothing. :)

That, or just make different playlists with your favorite types of music. for example, I have a playlist with songs I listen to while in the car, a Blues/Soul playlist, etc. My iPod is only 8GB, never had a problem of filling it up. You shouldn't need to buy a brand new iPod because you have run out of storage. Just get rid of what you don't listen to. The only reason I have purchased new iPods is because they died. Save your money!

Reaction score
Well if you really want storage space then there is the 160 GB iPod Classic. If you are interested in the 32 GB iPod Touch then the Classic is actually $50 less at the US store. They are also about the same size.

That's what I did. I just wanted to never have to worry about storage again, or about sorting which songs I want and which I don't want on the iPod. I seriously don't have time for all that, so I got a Classic for my music. Now I have a tank of an iPod for my music. No need to upgrade ever (until the Classic breaks down).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
New iPods in September

For gaming, applications and internet browsing:

If you can afford it- get the iPhone.
If not- get an iPod touch.

For music and videos on a small screen:

I would shoot for the iPod nano.

You could also uncheck songs you don't listen to in your Music library and then sync the iPod.

FYI- Apple releases new iPod's every year, and that time of the year is in a few months at least.

To be more specific, Apple holds it's iPod Event every year around September 8th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB ipod touch 3rd gen
well if i was you if you really looking for more memory just get the ipod touch 16 gig OR wait till apple announces there new ipods around september.

There has been rumors of there being an Ipod touch 4

Hope i could help ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.