Safari and update problems!!!

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro running snow leopard OS X. I updated my Safari a few weeks ago to the latest version and ever since I've had problems. It worked briefly and gradually got worse until about an inch of the blue bar had loaded; and the spinning disc carries on for a few minutes... I now get impatient and give up!
Firefox works perfectly, but this is rather frustrating. I have an ethernet connection at university and a wireless connection at home, none of which are made any difference. I have checked for later updates but it tells me I'm not connected to the internet; only to tell me further on that my connection is fine, which I know.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have heard rather negative things about this version of safari.. I know it's not just me experiencing problems!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Any help is greatly appreciated! I have heard rather negative things about this version of safari.. I know it's not just me experiencing problems!

Thanks.

There are quite a few people having these types of issues with Safari since the update. To date, I haven't been able to find a solution so I'm waiting for the next release.

In the meantime, I've made Chrome my main browser...I'm actually liking it better than Safari.

Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

OP
S
Reaction score
Ah right, thanks! I'm using Firefox right now and I prefer it too... It just used to be so fast! It's a shame the issue hasn't been addressed by Apple sooner as this has been going on for ages now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Not that I've seen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.