Ipod Wifi Help

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should go in the App section, but since I am in Canada, I have to use Textfree by Pinger. I love it, but the only thing is that I'm pretty sure the app has to be open for me to receive a text because I'm pretty sure the Wifi turns off when the Ipod goes to sleep.

Is there any way to keep the wifi running and to be able to get a notification when I get a message with the Ipod still asleep??

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should go in the App section, but since I am in Canada, I have to use Textfree by Pinger. I love it, but the only thing is that I'm pretty sure the app has to be open for me to receive a text because I'm pretty sure the Wifi turns off when the Ipod goes to sleep.

Is there any way to keep the wifi running and to be able to get a notification when I get a message with the Ipod still asleep??

What version of iOS are you running?

4.0 doesn't turn off the WiFi antenna anymore when you sleep it.

Keep in mind that if you have a first generation iPod touch, you cannot upgrade from 3.1.2 to 4.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
You can set your Auto Lock to Never. but of course this means your screen will stay on and this means you will have to charge your iPod at least once a day... at least.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.