iPhone 4 VoIP video call to MacBook

Reaction score
Can this be done? Fring killed skype indefinitely in their app.

I would like to make a video call on my iPhone 4 over wifi to my girlfriend on her macbook pro which is also on wifi.

Thanks

Jake

OP
S
Reaction score
Can this be done? Fring killed skype indefinitely in their app.

I would like to make a video call on my iPhone 4 over wifi to my girlfriend on her macbook pro which is also on wifi.

Thanks

Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please don't crosspost or ask your question multiple times in different placed.

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
How did Fringe kill Skype? More people in the world use Skype than Fringe, so there's nothing stopping Skype from coming out with an updated version of its app.

OP
S
Reaction score
fring is a social networking/internet services aggregator. you add skype in the fring app under 'add ons'. when i said they 'killed' it, i mean they removed the ability to add skype to fring for now. which is ridiculous. i understand the video calls shot up, but why kill it entirely? just disable the video option if that's what's causing the problem.

either way, the whole situation is retarded. using an app/service that goes through another service that goes through at&t.....talk about a headache. apple should have had a facetime program ready for macbooks from the get-go. at least they can't remove the app for duplicating functionality.....seeing as how their software doesn't do it in the first place.

C

chas_m

Just wait for an updated Skype app. I use Skype on my iPhone (not an iPhone 4) all the time, it works perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.