safari acting weird

Reaction score
I have a question about safari. I am running snow leopard and when i log on to the internet using safari, when I go to type in a website, safari automatically redirects to another website. The website that im redirected to is from my history. can anyone help?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Can you give an example of the URL you're typing and the URL you going to?

If I'm assuming correctly, you're accidentally choosing the URL from the history drop down that starts to appear when you begin typing a URL.

Also....

Your post has been moved to a more appropriate forum. Please be sure to review the forum descriptions for the most appropriate forum.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others who may be looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Safari gives you hints from history as to what page you might be looking for, it's there to speed things up. BUT, you don't have to go to the suggested page, just keep on typing and the hint will either change to whatever you want or you simply type the whole new address. As long as you don't press enter, you can still keep typing in your desired url.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.