Failing to sleep

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My new iphone4 seems to have an issue going to sleep automatically. If I have my headphones (Skullcandy FMJ) plugged in the screen does not dim and it does not shut off unless I hit the sleep button at the top of the phone.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I have apple look at my phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
My brother had this issue and we restored his phone from back up and that didn't fix it, but then we restored it "as a new phone" and the problem went away, so i would recommend restoring it from a back up and if that doesn't fix it you should think about restoring it as a new phone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Hello everyone! My new iphone4 seems to have an issue going to sleep automatically. If I have my headphones (Skullcandy FMJ) plugged in the screen does not dim and it does not shut off unless I hit the sleep button at the top of the phone.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I have apple look at my phone?

Does this only occur when listening to iPod music, or does it happen, too, while you're doing something else (eg, Web browsing)? Does it only happen while those specific headphones (Skullcandy) are plugged in, or does it also happen while the standard Apple earbuds are plugged in?

Also, just have to ask: did you mess with the display settings in any way? ;D

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing while in text messing. First thing I did was kill all the apps in the multitasking function. Phone goes to sleep then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.