Apple mouse and Keyboard works on my P4 Wintel.

Reaction score
Cool....I supposed I should've expected this since Steve annouced the big switch, and his secret experiments.

Anyways I just plugged in the white USB mouse and keyboard (the clear case version) in my desktop USB port and the devices were properly detected and I'm using them to type this now....and controllig my PC.

(Yes, I was bored since my Powerbook is in the shop) All functions on the keyboard seem to work as labeled except the 'option' key which replaces the 'alt' key, and the apple key is the 'windows' key. I have not tried the eject key yet. This is sweet. Of course, the mouse has no scroll or right mouse button...(like I said this was just for fun anyways and my 2 bit contribution to this site. Really though...why can't PC manufacturers put a bit more though into the design like Mac.)

I wonder if Steve is also secretly experimenting on human-brain interfaces..

:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Yeah... I discovered that a few years back goofing off at a studio I used to work at. Kinda fun... To be honest though I somewhat felt it was defiling to the Mac keyboard and mouse to have it touch a PC usb port.

S

Swizz

mynameis said:
Thats USB for ya, that keyboard will work on a PS2 also.

Hello there from Holland.

I want to use my Apple Keyboard on my PC (XP) with PS2, but it won't work.
If I plug it in a USB-Port it does work.
As I want to use my TFT Screen, Mouse and keyboard for both my iBook and my PC, I bought this KVM switch: http://www.sweex.nl/product.asp?pid=458
I try to use one of those (purple)adaptors USB to PS2, but nothing.

What do I do wrong?
I asked a Dutch Mac forum, but no results, so I wonder if this is gonna work. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
When he said PS2 he meant playstation 2. The KVM switch you bought is fine. You shouldn't need to use a USB to PS2 adapter since that switch has USB on it

S

Swizz

trpnmonkey41 said:
When he said PS2 he meant playstation 2. The KVM switch you bought is fine. You shouldn't need to use a USB to PS2 adapter since that switch has USB on it

There are only two USB cables going out (in my case one to the PC and one to the iBook), but that is not the problem.
On the switch itself, I have to connect a screen, mouse (ps2) and a keyboard (ps2).
And there's the problem. My Apple keyboard has a USB cable, but that does not fit the switch. So I tried a usb-to-ps2 adapter, but it won't work.
It does work if I connect it directly with USB to my PC.

So what should I do? Do I need a driver or a different connector/adapter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I think the issue has to do with the amount of power the apple keyboard needs. I don't think it can draw the power from the PS/2 port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.