Router for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Hi Guys

I am on 50 Mb/s Internet Broadband and I want to install a Router that was provided to me by my ISP (virgin media).

I want to know whether connection a router is the same for windows as it is for a Mac !

On Windows all you did was connection up the cables between the Modem, the Router and the PC and you're done. You did not have to do anything else.

Are there any special things that I need to be aware of in case of the iMac ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes. Plug it in, access the menu in your web browser and configure it as you wish (WPA etc.)
No special instructions really. Normally you'll get a D Link from Virgin, or a Netgear.
If you don't get a manual, let us know which router you have and we can help more.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like Kevin said, plug it in. If you need help though, do give us the brand/model of the router and we will gladly assist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.