Safari 5 Totally Inoperable

Reaction score
I have been using safari 5 without any problems until I downloaded an update for frostwire.

The update was said to be corrupt so i deleted it, I then deleted frostwire from my computer and downloaded it again thinking the update would be with this version. During installation it said it was downloading a toolbar for frostwire, and that it could be uninstalled after instillation (why not a way to just not install it in the first place?) After Frostwire ran fine but i was unable to uninstall the toolbar from safari, thinking I had just missed some instructions I deleted all frostwire applications from my computer but when I tried to reopen safari nothing happened. Opening a link to a website will display the safari loading page but the color is completely grey, after about 2 seconds safari quits leaving an error report page.

I used a flash drive to download firefox onto my computer but the toolbar for frostwire just appears on firefox. I have tired downloading safari again but it still will not work. Maybe the toolbar has something to do with it or might it be a larger problem?

Any help would be appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Installing Bit Torrent clients like Frostwire can be risky as you found out. I suggest you read the Frostwire FAQ to see if they provide uninstall instructions.

You probably did not completely remove all components of Frostwire and it's still loading and fixing itself to your browser. Open your System Preferences and click on Accounts. Take a look at the Login items under your user name. If Frostwire is there, highlight it, use the small minus button at the bottom to remove it. Reboot.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.