Music Player for PPC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Mac Pro, dual 2.8 GHz mp's, 6 GB Ram, 2 - 1 TD HD - 2016 Macbook Pro, 256 GB/iGB
Hi, I'm running 10.5 on an upgraded G4 DA. For a variety of reasons (Ogg Vorbis support, non-iPod music player, etc.), I'd like to find a music player program to use instead of iTunes, with roughly that feature set (wma support, internet radio support, data base, etc.)

Songbird requires Intel; Amarok is still in beta. Atunes is only available as a tarball (although it runs on my PC-BSD system). Vox won't play wma's. Media Monkey is Windows only.

Has anyone else found something akin to Amarok that runs on PPC? Thanks in advance. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
√√√ for VLC!

C

chas_m

Hi, I'm running 10.5 on an upgraded G4 DA. For a variety of reasons (Ogg Vorbis support, non-iPod music player, etc.),

As for your first issue, why not just add Ogg support to iTunes?

As for the second, KILL THE HERETIC!! YOU MUST BE ASSIMILATED!!! :)

All kidding aside, maybe there's SOMETHING out there that does what you're looking for (hasn't Winamp threatened like 20 times to make a Mac player?), but you're kind of up against a wall; any newer and supported projects like that are increasing going to be Intel only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Pretty sure you can run Cog too, which will play everything and is quite decent too.

Cog - News

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.