IPhone 4 scratches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
Now that people have had the iPhone 4's for a little while let's get a scratch report from people with no cases or bumpers. How bad is the back of ur iPhone. Not from drops or crazy objects, just from everyday pocket use.

Reaction score
I have a light case on the back of mine...altho I noticed a small scratch on the screen today!!! Made me sick. I had an iPhone3g before this one and never, ever got any scratches...Kind of weird since they claim it to be better and tougher. I'm extremely careful with it, never just toss it into my purse or anything, so have no idea how I got the scratch!!!:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No scratches on mine, but my brother has a scratch on the back of his

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
No scratches so far just the bare phone in my pocket but nothing else resIdes
In said pocket.i

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I'm also curious to hear about what users are experiencing. The new iPod Touch is looking like it might be similar to the iPhone 4 and since I might get the new Touch I'm very curious to see how scratch resistant the iPhone is.

I don't like using screen protectors on my Touch because they add too much friction when swiping and dragging items. That's one of the reason why I really like the Apple notebook unibody glass trackpads. They are very smooth for swiping and dragging. It's the same with my Touch without screen protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
none. Then again, I tend to treat my phones like this one with respect and dignity! lol.

OP
ericg2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm the same with my iPhone, I'm not rough with it. And I put it in my pocket with nothing else, except maybe a pack of gum, never keys or other metallics.

Reaction score
I'm very careful, too! Almost ridiculous about it, and I still got the teeny scratch! Who knows maybe it was a piece of something on there when I went to wipe it off and it scratched it...I prefer not to have a protective screen cover on it, either, think they look awful with all the little bubbles! Think that would drive me crazy, and let me tell you...it's a short trip! LOL

OP
ericg2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got my iPhone 4 today, and put a screen protector on it. Somehow I got it perfect. It's actually straight and no bubbles or lint under it.

Reaction score
Didn't have screen protectors for the 1st week and I didn't get any scratches with normal use. I was pretty careful, but that's just my nature, case/screen protectors or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I don't have any scratches, and I am not using any type of case for it either. I do plan on purchasing a bumper though at some point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
I picked up a cheap case from Bestbuy until Incase comes out with their case. I'll be babying my phone until it comes.

Reaction score
I'm not a case guy

I would say this one scratches more easily then the previous 2 iphones. 1 week and I have some real scratches on the front. Back looks fine.

OP
ericg2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i got my rear protector in today, and put it on. it ****** me off because after pain-stackingly putting it on i have 1 piece of lint. otherwise it's ok. i]m not sure i like it back there though. i still want to hear more people say whether or not their backs got scratched from normal use with out any type of case. i know once the "new" wears off i wont care. but until them, i like some sort of protection.

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Zagg case for any of their electronics? Looks like fairly good quality. Too bad they don't cover the front and back camera, leaving them open to scratches.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.