Just got my new 3GS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
And I must say, this thing feels rock solid. It's syncing my contacts and music at the moment, but it's just SOOO nice.

Definitely the most well build handset I've ever had. (RAZR is second, if that's any hint how crappy most of my phones have been :p)

As far as iOS 4 on it, it's snappy snappy snappy. I'm very, very, very pleased with my purchase. It's truly a lovely phone. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Congrats Derek .... But am a little curious as to why not the iPhone 4 ??

Stickie beak I am lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
congratz indeed, i switched from a 3G to a 3G a few weeks ago and it's awesome.. and compared to the 3G so fast.

(ps. before asked: i couldn't justify paying for a 4 at this moment in time, RadioShack gave me $100 for the 3G, buck more than i paid a year ago :}

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats Derek .... But am a little curious as to why not the iPhone 4 ??

Stickie beak I am lol

Cheers

Well, the iPhone 4 is having so many issues right now, that it didn't make sense to spend $100 extra to be a beta-tester. (I have my doubts about the antenna issue being "software based"). Plus, the 3GS was a great deal. $100 is what my phone budget was this year, and $100 is what I spent. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well, the iPhone 4 is having so many issues right now, that it didn't make sense to spend $100 extra to be a beta-tester. (I have my doubts about the antenna issue being "software based"). Plus, the 3GS was a great deal. $100 is what my phone budget was this year, and $100 is what I spent. :D

Yep well everyone to there own ...
What was the price difference between the two ??
As it is down under we havnt got our pricing schedule yet, and the 8gb 3gs is $719 AUD... So just trying to get a comparison here and to try and work out what the 4 might be when they finally do ...

Cheers

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep well everyone to there own ...
What was the price difference between the two ??
As it is down under we havnt got our pricing schedule yet, and the 8gb 3gs is $719 AUD... So just trying to get a comparison here and to try and work out what the 4 might be when they finally do ...

Cheers

I paid $99 US with a 2 year contract. It's quite magnificent. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My iPhone 4 will CRUUUUSH your puny 3Gs...when I get it....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Just curious, but why the heavy markup for the 3GS in Australia? At those prices the 4 will probably be even higher. Lot of $ for a phone even if it is an iPhone.

Regards.

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My iPhone 4 will CRUUUUSH your puny 3Gs...when I get it....

That's wonderful Baggssy. I'm having plenty of fun with my iPhone as is. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just curious, but why the heavy markup for the 3GS in Australia? At those prices the 4 will probably be even higher. Lot of $ for a phone even if it is an iPhone.

Regards.

I cant speak for the company, but chscag, we get screwed on everything  here in Australia. Even when our $ was so strong against the US $ we were still paying the exuberant prices they charge.
Mind you a big contributing factor IMO is that the iPhone comes unlocked for us to be able to use any carrier .... Doesnt still explain why everything else is so high though :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I cant speak for the company, but chscag, we get screwed on everything  here in Australia. Even when our $ was so strong against the US $ we were still paying the exuberant prices they charge.
Mind you a big contributing factor IMO is that the iPhone comes unlocked for us to be able to use any carrier .... Doesnt still explain why everything else is so high though :(

Shipping or taxes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shipping or taxes?

Could well be but can not for the life of me understand why .....
Where i buy a book off Amazon and it weighs up around the weight of a MacBook (HUGE Book) they dont charge exuberant prices .... pay for the book and a little tiny bit for postage .... Come to think of it, not sure shipping has anything to do with it but might be taxes :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
And I must say, this thing feels rock solid. It's syncing my contacts and music at the moment, but it's just SOOO nice.

Definitely the most well build handset I've ever had. (RAZR is second, if that's any hint how crappy most of my phones have been :p)

As far as iOS 4 on it, it's snappy snappy snappy. I'm very, very, very pleased with my purchase. It's truly a lovely phone. :D

Yeah your gonna regret not getting the iphone 4 worth every penny, they are fixing the tiny issue people are having..... iphone 4 is faster sleeker and the screen is amaizing... but if your happy thats cool but you coulda been happier :)

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah your gonna regret not getting the iphone 4 worth every penny, they are fixing the tiny issue people are having..... iphone 4 is faster sleeker and the screen is amaizing... but if your happy thats cool but you coulda been happier :)

I think that's purely subjective.

The screen is nicer, the camera is better, but neither one was a deal breaker for me. I've learned my lesson about buying first generation products, and I just don't do it anymore. (Yes, yes, it's the 4th generation iPhone, but it's 4th gen software on 1st gen hardware. It's a totally new phone).

I've used the iPhone 4, I didn't care for it, but I loved the 3G/3GS. It's proving to be exactly what I was looking for in a phone.

I'm glad you enjoy your iPhone 4, but it wasn't for me. Maybe the next generation. Ya never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
congratz indeed, i switched from a 3G to a 3G a few weeks ago and it's awesome.. and compared to the 3G so fast.

(ps. before asked: i couldn't justify paying for a 4 at this moment in time, RadioShack gave me $100 for the 3G, buck more than i paid a year ago :}

i take it all back :} picked up my iPhone 4 two days ago and seriously digging it, awesomeness all way round.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I was reluctant on getting the iPhone 4, considering I had my 3GS and was pretty pleased with it. But when I got a good deal on the iPhone 4, I took the bait, and glad I did. Seriously coming from a 3GS to 4, I have no guilt whatsoever, despite me paying $400.

It's worth every penny, and I haven't had any issues with the antenna either. The screen is just flat-out gorgeous and you really got to see it in person to truly appreciate it, it's super quick, the 5MP camera is amazing, records HD video, and I've tried FaceTime and it's pretty cool.

Overall I am pretty happy I got the iPhone 4. I didn't think it was a radical upgrade until I got my hands on one, but enjoy your iPhone, and welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.