CD Burning Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Hello Guys

Me again ! :D

Do I need extra software for burning CD and DVDs on the iMac ?

I already know how to create a Data Disc with the iMac { Just drag onto the CD Icon, then drag that to the trash bin } but what about Audio Discs ? MP3 discs ? Video Discs ..etc

Also Copying discs !!

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Nope, you can use Disk Uitilty to burn and copy discs, or you can get Burn, a free burning app, which is quite useful, and probably a little less awkward than Disk Utility.
The ultimate is Toast, but it costs.

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Kevriano

I don't really mind paying for software as long as it is REALLY Good and NOT BLOATED with soo much crap that I won't need. lol

Will check out Roxio Toast. My first looks at it say it is very bloated, but I'll examine it more.

Thanks

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can I create am mp3 CD for my car with Disk Utility ?

If so .. how ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
An MP3 disk is really just a data disk with MP3s on it. So you'd create it that same.

Now if you're looking to burn an audio CD to listen to in a regular CD player, you can do that through iTunes.

C

chas_m

Actually, iTunes can do MP3 disks as well. You just have to be sure to pick songs that are already in MP3 format (iTunes will just skip any you pick that aren't when burning).

You create "movie" DVDs with iDVD, which is of course already on your Mac. For creating video discs of other sorts, you'll want to look mainly at either Burn or Toast as suggested above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.