IOS4 keeps freezing on my 3G Touch.

Reaction score
So i did this fresh update to IOS4.
But ever since then my Ipod Touch 3G keeps freezing at random times and random apps.

Its a fresh install i even set it up as a new Ipod without restoring an old backup.
Nor has mine ever been jailbroken before. Nor have i extra apps on it rather then facebook and the bookshelf from Apple itself. Nor do i have music on it.

It freezes and while i keep it frozen it reboots itself after 2/3 minutes by itself till the next freeze-up.

Does someone know this issue or has the same kind of problem? or am i the only one again? lol.

Also my Ibooks load so slow and sometimes it crashes back into the OS4 home screen, its a pain in the (fill blancs).

I never had these problems before and i`ve had 2 Ipod touches in my life.

Thank you in advance! :D

(Edit):
I`m also wondering: i`m getting confused right now. Some say Ipod Touch 3G supports full IOS4 features and some say it doesnt...
Mine at least doesnt have any of those nice features of which i updated it for....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But ever since then my Ipod Touch 3G keeps freezing at random times and random apps.

Maybe I'm "looney"...
smiley-whacky011.gif
...but is there such a thing as an "iPod Touch 3G"?

AFAIK...there is no iPod Touch 3G. If by 3G you mean "3rd Generation"...then using the "3G" acronym is not quite appropriate...since 3G (among Apple products) usually refers to additional connectivity abilities like the iPhone 3G or the iPad 3G.

Just trying to help,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Germel said:
I`m also wondering: i`m getting confused right now. Some say Ipod Touch 3G supports full IOS4 features and some say it doesnt...
Mine at least doesnt have any of those nice features of which i updated it for....

Apple - iPod touch - Get amazing new features with the iOS 4 software

In the footnote:
Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking, custom wallpaper, and Bluetooth keyboard support are available only with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009).

OP
G
Reaction score
AFAIK...there is no iPod Touch 3G. If by 3G you mean "3rd Generation"...then using the "3G" acronym is not quite appropriate...since 3G (among Apple products) usually refers to additional connectivity abilities like the iPhone 3G or the iPad 3G.

Just trying to help,:)

- Nick

Thanks Nick..
I called it that way because i was learned it that way by hearing it from others. Wonder why they call it 2G and 1G afterall. I havent heard of such connectivity :)
Anyhow thanks for the help :)

Thank you in advance :)

schweb said:
In the footnote:

Thank you the clear up. Wish i could find all those hundreds of features as the headliner says.

But anyhow someone knows why my Ipod ¨3rd Generation :p¨
keeps hanging/freezing/crashing/rebooting?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I havent heard of such connectivity :)

But anyhow someone knows why my Ipod ¨3rd Generation :p¨
keeps hanging/freezing/crashing/rebooting?

The 3G "connectivity"...is what gives the iPhone 3G & the iPad 3G it's ability to connect to the internet almost anywhere (the iPad "Wi-Fi" model can only connect to the internet at "hot spots" or home networks)...and in the iPhone 3G's case...the ability to make cell-phone calls.

Wish I could help with your iPod Touch's problems.:(

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thank you the clear up. Wish i could find all those hundreds of features as the headliner says.

Most of the features are actually new programming APIs that are available for developers to use. You won't notice any big front-end changes from them, but the apps that are provided will be able to have more functionality.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Nick... Sometimes i need a detailed explanation of how something works :p

Thanks to you too Schweb.
I`ll guess its about time i contact some Geniuses over there to get it fixed. :D

Thanks for your help guys.

Reaction score
I too have the same random re-starts. Even with iOS v4.1 beta, the same problem exists.

Did you overcome the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.