Anybody had this pop up before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M
Hi, i had a problem with my macbook and i dont know what it means, can anyone help?

I was just browsing the internet, and i opened a new tab then my screen went dark and this message popped up
IMG_0076.jpg

i have seen it on a computer at school but i didn't know what it meant. My laptop cpu was about 80 degrees if that help. Mac description is to the left
<<<<<<<<

OP
funkdabeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, this helps a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I would have tried to help you troubleshoot it, but it would make it a very slow backwards and forwards process.
As you can see, there can be various causes for Kernel panics, and prob easier if you have all the info at hand to troubleshoot at your pace.
I've never had a kernel panic myself, so never had to troubleshoot through it personally, but I think the first step is repairing permissions and performing a hardware test.
If you just installed new Ram, as noted in the articles, that would most likely be the culprit.
If it were me, after that, I'd restore my system from the most recent backup that I had from before this started happening.
If you can get a log and post it, perhaps one of the Gurus here can decipher it and lead you in the right direction if I haven't.
Good luck with it, and I hope that you get it resolved ASAP.

OP
funkdabeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, dont worry about it, i just wanted to know if it was just a mandatory restart, if it doesn't happen again then i wont worry about it. You have helped a bunch, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.