• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Share your Mac experience

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Just an hour ago, I was talking to my girlfriend, who also has Mac, a 13 MBP. She LOVES it! She mentioned how it's been running perfect/very consistent since the first day, and it got me thinking about my MBP. It's now more than 15 months old, and has been EXTREMELY/UNBELIEVABLY reliable. It has always been very constant. Even the battery has been SUPERB with it still holding a 95% charge after 567 cycles. The only problems(not really "problems"), were caused by something stupid that I thought I knew how to do...and failed, but the guys here(CAW107 and others) are always helpful. Now, I got my hands on an 11 year old PowerMac G4. I was expecting it to, I'll be honest, a slow turd, but it really shocked me! So much that I bought a matching 17" Apple studio display, and have ordered some upgrades for it, because I like it so much. I can't believe it's running so good for an 11 year old computer:D I hope I get to use my mbp for a real long time:) I wont even start with all the other apple stuff...

So, how has your experience been with Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Logic Pro (before stufio was released) would constantly crash, Adobe CS4 would be very prone to crashing when editing large files, I had to reinstall the OS once because when I turned it on, a big "do not enter" icon filled the screen, my first MBP had crooked keys that they never did fix, my second had a period where it would boot but the screen wouldn't turn on until I finally figured out that the PRAM needed to be reset, and I've had other issues as well.

All in all, it's been like any other computer I've owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have always pretty good experiences with Macs, first one was a Macintosh Plus way back in the day, I'm constantly buying & selling them If I had the money I would own every Mac ever made, Build my own personal Mac museum. That being said my Dad still uses his eMac G4 700Mhz everyday and loves it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yeah...Mac's...who would want to own a Mac!;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have always pretty good experiences with Macs, first one was a Macintosh Plus way back in the day, I'm constantly buying & selling them If I had the money I would own every Mac ever made, Build my own personal Mac museum. That being said my Dad still uses his eMac G4 700Mhz everyday and loves it.

Have you ever visited the Apple Museum? Brings back memories....

Good for your Dad! Same reason I'm driving around in a 12 year old auto. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Regards.

Thanks, ill check it out, Me too I'm still driving my 98 Honda, runs like a champ.

Was just reading up on the history of Apple, I was just thinking how things could have turned out if Jobs never brought on John Sculley?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was just reading up on the history of Apple, I was just thinking how things could have turned out if Jobs never brought on John Sculley?

Yes...those were some pretty scary & boring years to be an Apple/Macintosh user!:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes...those were some pretty scary & boring years to be an Apple/Macintosh user!:(

- Nick

The company was considered dead at that time, I think I remember reading that Michael Dell was quoted as saying "Apple should buy back all the stock and close there doors"

Who's laughing now?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

That's a good one. How in the world did anyone think that a Pepsi Cola guy could run Apple? Those were some bad years after Steve left. Sculley wound up being a big supporter and contributor to the campaign of President Clinton which brought him some notoriety back in 1992. Don't know what happened to him after that though. Anyway, I think we're all glad that Steve came back.

Regards.

Reaction score
The only problem I've ever had with a Mac is not knowing how to use some of the programs the first time I needed to. I've been using Macs since the Macintosh Classic, and I'm a believer. They're so sleek, simple, beautiful, and FAST.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a good one. How in the world did anyone think that a Pepsi Cola guy could run Apple? Those were some bad years after Steve left. Sculley wound up being a big supporter and contributor to the campaign of President Clinton which brought him some notoriety back in 1992. Don't know what happened to him after that though. Anyway, I think we're all glad that Steve came back.

Regards.

I watched a video on Youtube with Steve Jobs he said point blank, That he hired the wrong guy (Sculley) Let's not forget Gil Amelia what ever happened to him?

In the end Jobs won, And is one of the most powerful and influential figures in Technology today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
A little over 2 months - so far, so good...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...Let's not forget Gil Amelia what ever happened to him?

Yeah..."Gil" was a real "winner" as well.

Another member of the "whack-pack" (John, Michael, and Gil)...or were their names Moe, Larry, and Curly!!!;)

three-stooges.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13'', 320GB, 2.26GHZ, 2GB
I love Macs, since i got my first Mac which was a White Macbook 2GHZ, 1GB, 80GB HDD, i was amazed. I purchased the new 13inch Macbook Pro when they were first released and still, amazed.

BUT!

I feel that Macs are amazing for the getting jobs done e.g. quickly checking email, browsing the internet, itunes, creating stuff etc...

But i feel that you are open to alot more with Windows. I have 120GB's partitioned off my 320GB internal HDD and i find that i use that (Windows 7) more then OS X, simply because i can play games aswell as doing the things i can with my Mac.

Maybe hard for you to understand but thats my take on things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I am a very new Mac user, in fact I bought my MacBook Pro in January 2010. So far I am pretty happy with it, it's been extremely reliable for me, easy to work with, and worked right out of the box just as Apple said it would. It runs great too, and the features of it like it's multi-touch trackpad was an awesome invention, it's real weird to use a regular trackpad! I also was blown away by the quality of the screen. I just enjoy the set-up. I was always a Windows user from 1998 to 2010, and when I first got my MacBook Pro I was a bit worried since it was set-up differently.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I plan on sticking with Apple. It's really a great machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook 13.3" Aluminium Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz

Regards.

Just been looking at that for a while mate...
Its just amazing how far they have come always being first to bring out the new best thing... FAB!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Glossy MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
Hello,

No issues with Apple or my recently purchased MBPs (15" C2D, 17" Core i7) and iPad. The MBP's have been great! :) My wife thanks me each time she uses her MBP.

The misses recently took the iMovie and iDVD course at the Apple Store. She loved it! The store employees go above and beyond each time my wife or I visit. She is having trouble with her iPod so the course teacher even set her up with the Genius Bar while she was there.

Now she has become an amateur video editor! Soon she will use FCE. All because of Apple, Mac OS X, and a MBP. My Windows experiences have never been as good as my Mac. Never going back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
Although I basically prefer the Linux platform and take my pride in assembling my own desktop towers, I have to admit that the reliability of OSX is unbeatable. When it comes to notebooks, I always go for reliability and battery capacity… which makes the decision of manufacturer quite obvious. Wireless networking has NEVER been a problem on my MBP, and the battery normally lasts for 4-5 hours. That's more than twice (and nearly thrice) the number for all of my previous Win-notebooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
In 2007 I decided to buy a Mac Mini and learn OS X because I was fed up with Microsoft's way of treating their customers. The Mini was a 1.6 GHz C2D. I upgraded the ram and HD myself and the Mini became a very nice computer. I liked it so well that I purchased my MacBook from Craigslist. My MacBook gets as much use as the other 2 Macs combined (by me). Early 2009 I purchased my current Mini and sold the 1.6 GHz model. Then the summer of 2009 I purchased a 2009 model 20" iMac for 500 from Craigslist. Used it for a year then sold it for 750 and then bought the 27" iMac. I can tell you from experience that the Mac is a much more reliable computer than any of my Windows computers have ever been. As my Windows computers fail I intend to replace them with Macs. Trying to convert my wife, but so far she does not want to try Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.