Mail Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Waka Waka (assuming you all look at the World Cup) and hello all. Dying to find out if it is just me, but recently I have been having no end of trouble sending my mail. I hit send, some go and but with most the little sending wheel spins and spins and spins and then sometime down the road I get the window telling me that my mail can't be sent and would I like to try with the selected server? Which by the way is that one that I have always used since time immemorial... Click on that and we're good, but I can't keep doing that. Sometimes I have a client who is waiting on a response, or I am flying off somewhere else and would like to hit send, leave, and know that it is going to go.

Is anyone else having this problem? I use AOL by the way. :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Your post has been moved to a more appropriate forum. Please be sure to review the forum descriptions for the most appropriate forum.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others who may be looking for the same information in the future.

Please take that into account when posting. It may also be worth your time to read the rest of the guidelines as well:

Mac-Forums Community Guidelines

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Check your Mail preferences, specifically the Accounts tab. There is a list of mail accounts and at the bottom you can select what server you want to use for outgoing mail. You can also use the checkbox "use only this server"

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
That is as it should be. Nothing has changed, hence my bewilderment as to why this is happening all of a sudden, and it is not only with me on my iMac, my daughter is having the same problem with her Airbook and her settings are also correctly selected.

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Thank you so much Schweb for your suggestion. Actually I have read the guidelines, but if one looks at the very comprehensive forum list, there are actually a fair amount of double choices in there. Very much a pin the tail on the donkey. So since I find it really hard sometimes to decide where a posting or request should go, I shall do some research to find an alternate website where I won't be a nervous wreck every time I have to ask a question or seek help in the event that the forum police are going to ticket me :) Go Netherlands! Opps - wrong forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thank you so much Schweb for your suggestion. Actually I have read the guidelines, but if one looks at the very comprehensive forum list, there are actually a fair amount of double choices in there. Very much a pin the tail on the donkey. So since I find it really hard sometimes to decide where a posting or request should go, I shall do some research to find an alternate website where I won't be a nervous wreck every time I have to ask a question or seek help in the event that the forum police are going to ticket me :) Go Netherlands! Opps - wrong forum.

You're asking a question about "Mail" which is an OS X Application...a piece of software.

You posted this in the hardware forum.

This sticky is also in said hardware forum:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...ing-not-place-software-os-other-hardware.html

I would appreciate any feedback you have on how we can rename our forums or this sticky since I don't want others to be confused.

Thanks so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.