When the Mac Sleeps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Hello Guys

I have another question.

Say I have a list of 30 files (50 to 73 mb each) and I upload them to RapidShare using RSUploaderX.

And after 10 minutes my Mac sleeps. Will the uploads still continue ? i.e. will RSUploaderX still do its job even though the Mac is asleep ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hello Guys

I have another question.

Say I have a list of 30 files (50 to 73 mb each) and I upload them to RapidShare using RSUploaderX.

And after 10 minutes my Mac sleeps. Will the uploads still continue ? i.e. will RSUploaderX still do its job even though the Mac is asleep ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

No when the Mac sleeps it won't continue. Sleep is similar to Stand By in Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As schweb stated, when your Mac goes to sleep, all processes turn off. So it won't download/upload, it won't render, nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm sure you know, but just thought I'd point it out just in case.
You can change your sleep settings in system preferences>energy saver, and you can also set up display sleep rather than machine sleep if you want the display off while still uploading, etc.
Personally, I like to have a hot corner set up to sleep display for quick access.

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Ok Thanks Guys

I guess I will have to set my Mac sleep preference to Never. It is a shame that the guys at [ RSUploaderX ] have not added the option to turn off the Mac once the upload queue is finished.

Anyways thanks for all your help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.