icon that I can't find... maybe you know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
it's next to my battery icon and looks like a little paper airplane/triangle. I've googled but can't find the symbol anywhere...

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope that's an actual orange airplane on the left hand side... this is a little purple triangle/paper airplane shape on the right hand side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
nope that's an actual orange airplane on the left hand side... this is a little purple triangle/paper airplane shape on the right hand side

That's the icon letting you know that some app is using location services. Something maps, FourSquare, etc.

OP
cdnphotog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
perfect! that's exactly what it is.. my camera and one of my calendar apps has the location service on.. thanks! it was driving me nuts trying to figure out why it was there!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the shiny one
I googled this and found an answer saying it was location services. But then I opened maps and another icon popped up. The purple icon does in fact look like an arrow and I would have been able to figure it out. But I also have left of the purple arrow a white paper airplane. There is no mistaking it. It is a paper airplane and my phone is not in airplane mode. Otherwise I would not be able to post this. Anyone have a clue?

Reaction score
Hit home and sleep button at the same time and take a screenshot, then upload it so we can see it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.