reinstalled leopard.. update is SLOWER than SLOW

Reaction score
please help me, after doing a system restore on my laptop (which all went fine) i have had do a few updates, 2 worked great and took no time at all, but now i'm trying to install the OS X 10.5.8 update and the progress bar just wont move, i let it go over night and woke up to see the progress bar still in the same spot! it says 'configuring installation'. but i'm sure it din't take this long to do when i first ever got the computer. I've searched everywhere but can't really find a resolution.

Thanks Guys:|

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that you are presenting us with a situation starting at the middle of the process. If you start at the beginning...it will help us understand things better.

Let us know:

- your computers specs?
- why you needed to do an OS install/restore in the first place?
- you say you are having trouble with the 10.5.8 update, what update were you up to before the 10.5.8 update?
- anything else you can tell us may help (any hardware issues, any previous issues of any sort, and new hardware installs...ram or hard drive)?

Thanks,

- Nick

p.s. Another option would be to simply cancel the update you are doing, and start it over. Sometimes that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I would download the Combo update to your HD and run it from there. It certainly would not hurt to repair permissions and or restart the machine.

OP
C
Reaction score
I don't really know anything about the laptop, i got it early 2009, unibody model, i reinstalled OS or did a system restore because i wanted to get it fresh like how i first got it since i have just bought the new imac. so it was just doing the updates it needed to i guess. I think it was on 10.5.6 or something like that. It's never had any previous issues really. Sorry, like i said, i don't know much about this one.. you think i would had having it over a year..

Yeh it's a combo update that it's doing.

Should i just press the power button and try doing it another way perhaps.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yeh it's a combo update that it's doing.

Should i just press the power button and try doing it another way perhaps.

If it were me...I would cancel the current update process...and start over. Maybe some sort of electronic, software, internet communication, or electrical glitch occurred during the process...and "confused" things.

Most of the "software updates" I have ever done mostly went smoothly...and when it didn't, redoing the process usually was successful.

By the way...one thing to watch out for is...if your hard drive is almost full...that could cause problems.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.